Join the participating wineries of Virginia’s Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail for our 7th Annual Fall Oyster Crawl! This year’s event will take place over a full weekend on Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 9 and 10, 2019. Each participating winery will be offering one or more delicious oyster dishes to pair with their wines.
After experiencing the Oyster Crawl, you too will agree that “Virginia is for Lovers”… of wine and oysters!
Here is the list of participating wineries (in alphabetical order):
– Caret Cellars: Several styles of Oysters prepared by 17 South Family Restaurant at Stephen Ellis Farm
– The Dog and Oyster Vineyard: Oysters on the Half Shell; Roasted Oysters; Fried Oysters; Fried Oyster Po’ Boys and Tacos. Plus, Crab Cakes, Rockfish Tacos and She-Crab Soup. All menu items will be prepared by SLURP.
– General’s Ridge Vineyard: Oysters Rockefeller and Oysters Cackalacky prepared by Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar.
– Good Luck Cellars: Smoked Oysters, Fried Oysters, Oyster Tacos, Shrimp Tacos, Crab & Corn Chowder and Crab Cakes prepared by The Great Wicomico Oyster Co.. The Hungry Hungry Arrow food truck will feature savory fry-bread centric tacos, sandwiches, and desserts for land lovers on Saturday only. PLUS, Live music on Saturday from 1-4pm by the Virginia Shellphish Coalition.
– Ingleside Plantation Winery: Oysters on the Half Shell, Fried Oysters and “Oysters Denson” (grilled with seasonings and topped with Parmesan cheese), all prepared onsite by Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar. PLUS, Live music from 1-4pm on both days [Saturday: Justin Luke McCurry; Sunday: Pistol Sister (duo show)].
– Jacey Vineyards*: Oysters prepared by Miss Mary Seafood (menu TBD). PLUS, Live music by Paige Melton Music.
*Please note: Jacey will participate on Saturday, November 9th only.
– Vault Field: Oyster Stew.
Tickets are not required for this event. Normal wine tasting fees will apply at each winery and oysters will be available for sale. (Please note: This event takes place at individual wineries throughout the Trail. Event hours may vary by winery.)
Want to stay informed? Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page for additional updates leading up to the Oyster Crawl.
Our Trail’s wineries are located in the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula of Virginia’s Chesapeake Bay region. To learn more, please visit our website: https://chesapeakebaywinetrail.com/